Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Here We Go

Hi! I wanted to start a blog to follow our progress as we build our very own house on the hill. My husband and I have been dreaming about this home since we got married 8 years ago. I can't wait to share the details as we navigate the building process, but first I thought it would be fun to show a few of our inspirations for designing the plan and feel of our home.   I have mad love for the ranch and farm style homes, you could just move us into The Pioneer Woman's lodge and I could kick up my feet and call it home. That would involve living in Oklahoma,though, and I'm partial to Texas. So, I did my best to pull out a few rustic lodge/ ranch details and stick them into our plans. This fireplace has a big place in the layout of our plan, as do vaulted ceilings. 

The rock. The flooring. THE COWHIDES.
  Then, of course, I wouldn't be a good TX woman in 2016 if I didn't rely on Joanna Gaines to hold my virtual hand as I thought out the kitchen design and color palette. She speaks my language, the languange of #shiplap. We were shiplap back in 2010, before shiplap was cool. Our current house is 100% cedar planked wall. I am a little lot sick of it, to be honest, so we are going for light and airy, oh so predictable Sheetrock. Did you know that you have to dust shiplap? It's true. I have plans for a little shiplap love in our master bathroom, so no worries.   



  One of the features that I am most excited about is the vaulted master bed/bath/closet.  The closet vault was a last minute addition to the plan, and honestly at that point I felt like I was just throwing dollar bills into the air like I didn't care. We only get to do this deal once, so why not?

I am SO excited to share this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment