Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Patience is a virtue...

I may be virtue-less. Our plans have been out for six weeks and we are still waiting on that one bid. Naturally, it's the bid from the contractor we loved the most. Their work was beautiful, they were a precious husband / wife team, the older gentleman contractor of Ryan's dreams. The heavens may as well have opened up and sang when we toured some of their recent homes with them back in late February. Anyway, we are staying busy with some new house construction of our own, it's of the aves type, but I know our chickens will love their cozy new abode. Just as I am sure that I will love not cleaning chicken poop out of the garage every day. #theyarepropoopers We let EK pick out the color for their nesting boxes, and "let" her paint them, too. I'm plannin on staining the outside posts and hanging up a few flower or herb baskets on the front. Then, we have several climbing roses for the side that will face the road. I think we may have the prettiest coop in Cass county.
EK and I also made a trip to Canton Trade Days last week. It's a good thing Ryan was out of town so that he didn't notice the amazing vintage junk I added to my collection. It is getting to be impressive. I may need to rent a storage building soon.  I've also had so much time on my hands, that I've gotten the idea to have green cabinets in my laundry room. Green makes my heart go pitter patter. Ice watched this episode of Fixer Upper maybe five times, I just can't get enough of the green. 
This bid had better come in before we have a rainbow house and my husband refers me to that show where people have so much crap. 
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment